Friday, June 1, 2012

Bayshore Roundhouse

I don't know what it is about graffiti that makes a place look like a cool place, maybe its because of the bright colors and the creative and elaborate drawings. I wish I could create masterpieces like some I've seen. I don't know if I would feel the same if it showed up on property I owned. But you see it everywhere old buildings, trucks, buses, train cars..................the list goes on. This is the Bayshore Roundhouse in Brisbane, it was used by Southern Pacific it was built in 1912 and serviced steam and diesel until it closed in 1982. In 2001 a fire destroyed half of the 16 stalls the roundhouse had. There is talk of restoring it and making it a railroad museum. There is even a registration form for the National Register of Historic Places filed.








Most of these images were taken with a wide angle lens. they tend to distort towards the corners. Notice the bucket in the lower right in the image below it is from barrel distortion common with wide angle lenses. If you had straight lines around the edges of the image barrel distortion would look like this. I did not fix it because I think it ads interest to the image.














No comments:

Post a Comment