Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Filoli Gardens

I shot these images near the end of 2011 it was the second time I had worked with HDR and I was not happy with them. I went back and reworked them and here they are. They are shot at Filoli Gardens in Woodside California, the mansion was built for William Bowers Bourn II between 1915 and 1917. The name Filoli is an acronym for "Fight for a just cause; Love your fellow man; Live a good life." The mansion was designed by Willis Polk, that is actually how I found out about Filoli. I was at Empire Mines State Park talking to one of the rangers about the mansion and she said if I liked the mansion at Empire mines I had to go to Filoli Gardens (owned by the same family and also designed by Willis Polk). The exterior of the Filoli mansion was used in the television show Dynasty.




















No comments:

Post a Comment