Monday, May 20, 2013

Old School Electric Truck

The Curtis Publishing Company bought 22 of the CT Electric 5-ton Model F-5 Flatbed Truck. I don't know the year they were made I have seen 1912 -1916 it had 4 G. E. Model 36-A-102 electric motors (one for each wheel) and was capable of going 12 miles an hour (2 miles an hour over the speed limit at the time). It sold for $4,400.00 without the batteries that had 42 cells. 382 amps. There are less than 15 of these electric trucks left in the world and very few have been restored because of the complexity of the electrical system. I was lucky enough to see two of them. They were used until 1960. The electric car is not a new idea it has been around for a while here is a link to the history of the electric car.


2 comments:

  1. After going over a handful of the blog articles on your blog, I really like your technique of blogging. I book-marked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back soon. Please visit my web site as well and tell me your opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya! I realize this is kind of off-topic however I had to ask. Does managing a well-established blog such as yours take a lot of work? I'm completely new to writing a blog but I do write in my journal daily. I'd like to start a blog so I can easily share my experience and views online. Please let me know if you have any kind of recommendations or tips for brand new aspiring blog owners. Appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete