Sunday, January 12, 2014

Disney's Haunted Mansion

I planned on posting this in December but time got away from me. During Halloween and Christmas the Haunted Mansion is decorated with the characters from Nightmare Before Christmas. They call it the Haunted Mansion Holiday. I like shooting at night for the different light sources (sodium vapor, incandescent, florescent and in this case the blue and purple laser) and shadows cast from them. I wanted a clean shot (no people passing through or standing in line) I shot quite a few shots before I gave up and sat down and just waited. Once the crowd had died down I was able to re-position my tripod without worrying about creating a trip hazard and got a better composition. I had security guard's slowly following me out of the park but I made friends with two of them and they actually blocked the traffic for me.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment