Thursday, August 15, 2013

McArthur-Burney Falls Memorial State Park

We decided to take U.S. Route 395 to Manson, Washington instead of  U.S. Route 97 we went east on California State Route 299 at Redding California. I knew it was a good decision when I smelt smoke and all the fire trucks kept going straight on Interstate 5. We missed three forest fires going this way and the traffic was nonexistent. U.S. Route 97 was closed at Goldendale Washington. The image is McArthur-Burney Falls in Northern California on California State Route 89 6 miles north of Burney, California. I shot four sets of nine images for the HDR image so I could stitch a panorama together. I only use seven shot for the HDR because the way I shoot the images I have duplicate of two of the bracketed images. It was hard to shoot these images because of the mist from the falls kept getting on the lens. I saw several people swimming despite the 42 degrees Fahrenheit water temperature. It probably felt wonderfully refreshing because it was 110 degrees Fahrenheit.

No comments:

Post a Comment