Sunday, December 30, 2012

Mark Twain Paddle Boat Disneyland

Disneyland has a way of transporting you into the land of fantasy kind of like the stories Mark Twain wrote. You can hop on a the Mark Twain Riverboat and pretend you are on the Mississippi River on a paddle boat. When I think of Adventures of Huckleberry Finn I can't help but think of what a great way to grow up. Living on the Mississippi River living out real life adventures. It makes me think of my childhood and the adventures I had. I can go back to some of the places and they just don't feel the same as an adult. They don't have the same sense of intrigue, Disneyland transcends that having something of interest no matter how old you are. Photography has taught me to slow down and enjoy the moment. Whether I have a camera or not I watch the way the sun hits objects and rakes across them it changes from minute to minute.  I remember as a kid I would watch the shadows creep across the ground. I also watch clouds pass by in the sky and try to guess what they will do next. It is a great way to relax and forget your troubles. Looking at things differently is a new way to enjoy things. Quite often I learn a new technique or come up with a new idea and want to go back to a location I have been before to try something different. It's a way to keep thing fresh and new.

I used a longer shutter speed to get a sense of motion. This image is tone mapped due to the motion you can not line up two images. The boat is not as sharp as I would normally like but that is the trade off to show objects in motion. I could of used a shorter shutter speed but that would freeze the paddle wheel.
This image could have been tone mapped due to the low contrast caused by the over cast sky. I realized that after I tone mapped the image above and it showed just as much detail after I had created this one in HDR and composted the white boat in from a single shot of the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment